Post: Junior Irrigation Technician
Area: Position is to be based in Cookhouse / Somerset East, covering the Eastern Cape.
Irrico is offering a great opportunity for a young, energetic and dynamic person to join our expanding business as an irrigation technician. The company will offer a competitive salary with significant scope for growth and development within our organisation.
Role and responsibilities of the Junior Irrigation Technician:
- Support installation projects, ensuring that systems are correctly installed as per the plans and specifications.
- Electrical maintenance and trouble-shooting of existing irrigation systems, including center pivots, VSD’s and automation systems.
- HDPE Pipework welding and fitment, including butt-welding and electro-fusion welding.
- Pumphouse installations and overseeing general irrigation system installations.
- Consolidation and checking of equipment for project supply, and project delivery.
- Ensuring all relevant paperwork and record keeping for project activities is kept up to date.
Job and Skills Requirements:
- Minimum 2 years practical experience in agricultural or related field.
- Grade 12 minimum academic requirement.
- Electrical qualification or experience will be beneficial.
- Irrigation or hydraulic experience will be beneficial.
- Farming background will be beneficial.
- Basic computer skills are a requirement.
- Valid drivers licence is a prerequisite.
- Applicant needs to be “technically minded” and be able to pay attention to detail.
- Applicant must be a team player, but must also be able to work independently, and under pressure.
- The position will require hard work, plenty of travel and overtime to finish projects on time.
- Applicant must have good communication skills for collaboration between clients, colleagues and suppliers.
- Honesty, diligence and dedication are core requirements and values within our organisation.
Closing Date: 30 November 2023
Starting date: To be discussed with applicant.
Should you wish to embark on a career with our organization, then please forward your CV to email@example.com
If you do not receive any correspondence from us by 31 January 2024, then please consider your application unsuccessful.