Job & Career - Placement
For more information and how to advertise your vacancies for irrigation personnel on the SABI site contact:
René van der Merwe
+27 21 850 8220
René van der Merwe
Jobs & Careers
Lecturer / Senior Lecturer (Irrigation Specialist)
University of the Free State
Faculty Natural and Agricultural Sciences Department Soil Crop and Climate Sciences
Duties and responsibilities:
- Coordinate and lecture modules in the fields of irrigation system design, irrigation surveying, and engineer principles in agriculture.
- Contribute to the development of new modules and short learning programmes in the above-mentioned fields.
- Contribute to research on irrigated crop production systems in multi-disciplinary teams
Inherent requirements - Lecturer:
- A Master's degree on NQF level 9 in Engineering or Agricultural Engineering or Crop Production or a closely related field.
- Proven experience in the delivery of poster or oral presentations at conferences or equivalent activities.
- Provide evidence of manuscripts produced that have the potential to be converted or submitted for publication in accredited journals.
- A good academic record.
Inherent requirements - Senior Lecturer:
- A PhD on NQF level 10 in Engineering, Agricultural Engineering, Crop Production or a closely related field.
- Proven experience in the presentation of papers/posters at national scholarly conferences.
- Proven national recognition for specialist expertise and research in a specific area of scholarship.
- An NRF rating or demonstrate potential for obtaining an NRF rating.
- Proven experience in supervision of graduated masters' students.
- A proven research record of relevant publications in national and international accredited journals.
- Proven experience of service as an active member of a national or international scholarly society or committee or agency concerned with research at higher education levels.
Dates & Course Information
Training Home Page